A career counselling centre can solve your confusion about the profession. Consulting career coach or counselor when you are uncertain about your professional goals is necessary. Because if you go forward without clarifying the situation, then things can become more complicated. The coach helps you with making a resume for finding a job. They may guide for your professional growth.
What Is a Career Counsellor?
They are the professionals who can help you to make plans for your career and reach your job goals. Counselors or coaches train their clients to successfully find a new or different job. State departments of labor, educational institutes like schools or colleges, private counseling firms, etc. employ career coaches. You can visit UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation’s page to know the career conselling services offered by them.
Services Provided by Them
They provide various services for the clients.
- Help clients to assess their abilities and interests.
- To provide appropriate options for the counseling they use different tools like assessment exercises, client interviews, personality tests, and interest inventories.
- Train the clients to overcome the obstacles in their profession
- Refer to phycologists or therapists if anxiety, depression, or low self-esteem is the issue.
- They can make you more comfortable and build trust in sharing your personal information with them.
- They have good listening and interviewing skills, which they will use to extract the necessary details about you. The details include personality, values, and apt profession.
- Communication skills are also important. They must convey the job searching strategies, resume development, and interview approaches, clearly to the client.
How They Can Help Your Job Search
Identifying and exploring profession options, selecting profession choices, preparing a resume or cover letter is not that easy. So the counselors can let you successfully do them and help job seekers to find the right jobs.
How to Find a Counselor
There are several coaches are where you can go for counseling. But for finding them you can use the following steps.
- Ask friends and family. Maybe they can recommend a coach.
- Ask the college career office if you’re a college student. Many colleges provide counseling services.
- You can use the Counselor Find function offered by the National Board of Certified Counselors.
How to Choose a Coach to Work With
Finding counselors is an easy task. Choosing the right career counselling dubai for you is the tougher decision. Take some time to talk to them. Clarify your goals and ambitions to them. That conversation can give you an idea about both of you are on the same page or not. Ask yourself did you make any progress after meeting him and what are their strengths and weaknesses. Before finalizing, check the fee packages of sessions and assessments. Also, check the credentials of the counselor.
What They Don’t Do
You learned many things about career counselors and coaches. They may influence your personality, lifestyle, and tell you who you are. They can’t tell you what to do, which jobs or careers should you choose.
Closing Thoughts On Finding a Career Counselling Centre
The coaching may let you have a vision of your career’s future. Try to ease things when you suddenly have a workforce, changing careers, or second profession after retirement.